We here at Everywhere Book Fest view all organizers, volunteers, participants, and industry professionals as part of the kidlit family, and thus strive for an environment where everyone is treated with kindness, empathy, and respect. By participating in Everywhere Book Fest, signing up to present, and/or signing up for our newsletter, you are agreeing to abide by these policies.
We promise to:
- support the right of every presenter, attendee, volunteer, and organizer to feel safe and respected in our newsletter, blog content, conference content, the comment section, social media feeds, and on our forums
- take seriously any and all complaints of harassment and discrimination, and act swiftly
- review (and possibly edit) all pre-submitted presenter contributions (blog posts, vlogs, podcasts) before the conference begins
- subtitle and/or transcribe our vlogs and podcasts before the conference for those who need greater accessibility to experience Everywhere Book Fest
- continue fostering conversations around controversial/sensitive topics and diversity of all stripes with the understanding that viewpoints and opinions may vary, but respect for each other will remain a constant
- have staff and moderators actively monitor comments and forum posts for content that violates our policies
- make information readily available on multiple platforms, including our website, blog, forums, and social media
- hold our own organizers and volunteers to the same high standards
We will not stand for:
- language/behavior that intimidates, attacks, or threatens someone and/or their work and/or their identity, especially when it comes to race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, body type, able-bodiedness, physical appearance, country of origin, immigration status, religion, age, experience level, ancestry, traditions, class, political affiliation, clothing, personal life, etc.
- rude/crude/discriminatory photos, hate symbols, GIFs, or links
- belittling of creative projects and career trajectories
- retaliation against anyone who reports harassing/discriminatory behavior
We reserve the right to:
- delete comments and posts that violate these policies
- block and/or report offenders on social media
- use our judgment to determine if inappropriate remarks and/or behaviors warrant a warning or immediate suspension
- ban and block access to the Everywhere Book Fest website at any time for inappropriate behavior that is severe or which has persisted after (a) warning(s)
- refuse access to Everywhere Book Fest in future years for any person whom we deem likely to continue their harassing behavior
- cancel any future appearances, and refuse to invite back any industry professional (author, agent, editor, bookseller, librarian, etc.) who abuses their power during the festival process and/or Everywhere Book Fest itself
For anyone who is experiencing or is a witness to any of the above violations, contact us immediately at our main email account: [email protected].